Jesus Wept (John 11 v 35)

This is the Bible's shortest verse yet it has such a powerful message. Martha and Mary's brother Lazarus had been sick and they sent word to Jesus to come and heal him. Jesus arrived after he had been dead and laid to rest for 4 days.

As my family and I are mourning the loss of our father/husband/grandfather, a wonderful general in the army of the Lord, I've been looking to the word of the Lord for comfort and refuge. It's been a huge blow to us and we're left feeling like Martha and Mary at the feet of Jesus saying, "Master if you had only come sooner..." We believed for his healing and were looking forward to a glorious celebration of his miraculous healing. On November 1st, 2012 our lives drastically changed and our hopes were shattered. This beloved man was taken from us by the very God that could heal him with one touch, one word, one thought. Hurt, confusion, anger, sorrow and disbelief flooded my heart as I heard the news that my precious dad was gone. The whole room began to spin and my hands went numb as my ears heard me cry out "no God no." I stared at nothing for hours unable to think straight. I prayed to wake up from this nightmare because I wasn't strong enough and ready to be in it. I wanted to live in a world where my daddy was a phone call away; where we shared biblical revelations over coffee or enjoyed a great movie together. I wanted that world back.  

My mom, siblings and I have been very open with one another. As part of our mourning, we are spending a lot of time sharing how we really feel, our thoughts, how we are doing, coping, etc. It is helping so much. It has been a safe haven for us to cry, laugh, be quiet and really grieve in our own unique ways... did i mention that i have an incredible family? Well I do, and I'm shouting it from the mountain tops.
In our moments of soul sharing the Lord dropped in our conversation about Jesus weeping with Mary when she wept at his feet concerning her brother. The story goes on to say that when Mary cried at the feet of Jesus, He wept too; and afterwards He took that moment to show himself not only as the Great Physician but as the Resurrection and the Life and he raised Lazarus from the dead. Although our father was not brought back to life, the Lord wanted us as a family to focus on Jesus taking the time to weep with them. The king of the universe showed up on the scene as the solution  to the problem but notice he didn't rush the process as we are prone to doing; notice he didn't say, "stop crying I'm here to save the day as I have the solution." No he wept with them. He mourned with those that were hurting. That shows me God that takes the time to walk with me through every situation; whether pleasant or not, he's right there. For his divine purpose he has taken my daddy and my mind may not be able to fully comprehend it all but I'm comforted knowing that when I cry, Jesus is right here patiently and sincerely weeping with me because He understands that from a human perspective I don't like this and it hurts; and any great parent hurts when their kids are hurting. I'm comforted in knowing that the Lord of glory, the Master of the world, the King of Kings takes the time to cry with me when I miss my daddy. Thank you Jesus for being such an awesome friend.

Comments

  1. What a deep heartfelt article, such a comfort to all those who are mourning the loss of a loved one. Thankyou minister Victoria. I just feel the holy spirit brooding over this word and bringing peace and comfort to all who read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord my dearest Cheswa. The Lord is amazing and a great father. Amen and amen; I love that you sense the Holy Spirit brooding over this word. Glory be to God. May people sense the love of Christ. Love you much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts